Thursday, November 18, 2010

Starting Training

I've noticed lately that loosing those few pounds isn't so easy anymore. I"ve tired lots of different things but haven't found that secret diet! So, after a long internal struggle of not being happy with what my mind sees and what I actually see in the mirror, I've decided to take things into my own hands. Drumroll......................................................I'm doing a Triathlon next summer! I'm doing it for several reasons. One for the reason I just stated, but mostly for my kids. It's them I think of when my alarm wakes me from sleep wonder at 4:45 am. It's them I think of when the thought of crawling out of my nice warm bed snuggled next to my husband who is sleeping like a baby gives me second thoughts. It's them I think of when it's still dark outside AFTER the workout. It's all for them. Why? I want to teach them that anything is possible if you put your mind to it. That setting a goal isn't instant gratification. You have to work really hard and for a long time to achieve some things in life. I want them to appreciate their bodies and take care of them by following my example.

I've already started my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment